0730 – Wake up; laze about
0900 – Attended online church service
1000 – Now the whittled-down list is like this:
- Inventory camera/video gear
- Pack clothing for trip
- Walk through ‘to do’ list from van shakedown cruise
- The camera mounts easily loosened up. Fortunately, the camera “droop” did no damage to the cameras. – tightened these up. Let’s see what a second shakedown cruise yields. Worst case : add bungie cords to hold the mounts in place.
- The dashcam needed to be tested beyond seeing it power up and display a video of the road ahead. – checks out OK — appears to have the correct settings
- Cabling clean-up has yet to begin – DONENote: The cable housing must be a dark color, to avoid unwanted reflections on the windshield. These are visiually distracting and could even lead to an accident. Color matters. We need them all for their best use.
- Luggage space needs to be reclaimed. – DONE
- The antenna cluster needs to be road tested. It was ‘indoors’ today. One antenna needs to be glued to its mag-mount. – TESTED! Port side broadband antenna need repair or replacement; it falls frequently, making it unusable. All other antennas are OK.
- The GPS puck is seen by Franson GPSgate, but it’s output is not seen by GRlevel3 or other applications – Reran Wizard: COM3 input, COM6-10 output (use as input for applications). GRLevel 3 and DeLorme Stree Atlas — yes, I still use it, as no suitable replacement is available — were tested with COM7 and COM8, respectively.
- The iPhone bracket need to have the stabilizer arm glued into place. It came off in my hand! What the heck?? – NON-CRITICAL
- The rear seat’s Android tablet needs to be re-installed. – OPTIONAL – it is not needed for this trip.
- Get another weather reading on Kestrel 5500
- Ask neighbor if I can borrow long ladder on Tuesday pm
- Test video cam batteries (after charging)
1831– At the evening meal break, the list is like this:
X Walk through ‘to do’ list from van shakedown cruise
X Get another weather reading on Kestrel 5500
X Test video cam batteries (after charging)
X Inventory camera/video gear
* Pack clothing for trip
* Ask neighbor if I can borrow long ladder on Tuesday pm
Wow! I made it through the entire TECHNICAL portion of the to-do list.
I’m tired, but I could leave on 30 minutes notice (and that’s for packing clothing and medicines).
I confess : I’m pleased
2141 – Time to call it a day and get some well-earned sleep.